Post with 2 notes
I should never have to explain who I am. I should never attempt to put the essence of my being into words. Because doing so reduces my worth to whatever it is that you see my words to mean; it puts my worth in your hands; it gives you power over me.
And if I have to put myself into words for you to understand who I am as a person, then how well do you really know me. People should be known and understood by feeling. When you know someone, you just know him/her/zer, you can see that person’s soul shining before your eyes and you know who that person truly is.
So I won’t tell you who I am in a few simple sentences, because I am not simple, and no one can earn that power over me. If you want to know who I am, you will have to listen to my stories, look at my pictures, listen to my music. You will have to hear me. Then one day, maybe, you will see me for all that I really am.
We all start out the same.
Post with 1 note
I am really struggling.
1. I don’t want to take both bio and chem next semester.
2. I think I have to if I want to major in bio.
3. I don’t know that I want to major in bio anymore, even though that’s what I thought I was interested in when I was looking at colleges.
4. I want to help people. That’s what I want to do with my life. I want to help people and make some sort of difference in this seriously messed up world.
5. I don’t see how I can actively help people, and still enjoy my life, if I choose a career in bio/the sciences. I’ve just spent the last 2 years assuming that’s what I wanted to do because biology is interesting.
6. I like to write. Creatively. And do art. And spend time with people and animals.
7. I spent over 3 hours chatting with my tutorial prof and the other students in my class today. She doesn’t think I should try to go into the sciences because I am a good writer and I am extremely passionate about social issues.
8. I want to fight. I want to argue. I want to make a point and change people’s minds.
9. I accidentally ate a piece of chicken today and it was gross.
10. My head hurts and I feel a little ill. I hope it’s not because of the chicken.
11. I am stressed about fixing my schedule for next semester.
12. I emailed a bio prof to get another opinion and she hasn’t emailed me back—stressful.
13. I know that if I choose to go into the social sciences/humanities, I have to have a damn good argument prepared for when my family begins the interrogation.
14. I have to be able to argue, and win said argument, with my father.
15. I forget how to argue when he starts in with the questions.
16. I don’t want to disappoint him.
17. He is paying for my education.
18. There is an annoying and persistent voice in my head that is always trying to convince me that I’m not good enough, that I’m failing in some way.
19. I don’t want to overload myself with classes I don’t want to take.
20. I don’t want to sell myself into a major that I won’t love.
21. I want to decide my own life. I want to be my own person. I want to be free from my parents’ old, moderate ideals that are rooted in dominant ideology.
22. I want to be me. I want to do what I love. I want to dedicate myself to a cause and make measurable changes.
23. I want to find something that suits me, not my parents. I want to find something fulfilling.
24. I want to make my parents understand these things from my perspective.
25. I want not to feel guilty about everything I desire that differs from what my parents envision for me.
And so many other things.
WILLYP x Lil Buddha, “Tu Culo Me Encanta”
Source: SoundCloud / TrapSounds.com
Post with 3 notes
Everywhere we look
we see examples of how
we should look,
but not how we do.
of unreachable ideals,
that we should strive to meet those ideals
no matter the cost.
tell us what we should be:
but only if we don’t offend,
like everyone else,
by others’ standards,
but not independent.
what it means to be a woman.
Middle aged white men
tell us what we should do
how we should act
how we should dress
how we should speak
how we should love.
Again and again
they offer advice,misguided,
These ignorant wise men
tell us what we can and cannot do with our bodies,
while doing whatever they please with theirs.
They tell us that we are not as smart as they,
ignoring the number of women attending college.
They tell us we are already equal
(look how far we’ve come!),
and fail to mention that we are payed 70 cents for
earned by a man
in the same position.
And yet we look to these men
as leaders of our country.
But I don’t want to follow your rules.
I don’t want to fit your standards.
I don’t want to see the thing you see,
the way you see them.
I want to be me
without hearing you in my head.
And I want to be free
from the oppression of your words
Let me go.
What will you lose?
to live my dreams
You will thank me later.
Inspired by mathani
do not use it as an excuse fuck others over
do not assume it makes you better than others
From The Last Lost Continent by La Dispute
Page 1 of 183